Monday, March 23, 2009

My DC Trip

The purpose of my trip to DC was a surprised generated by two cousins for my little Auntie Faye.

The plan was for me to fly into DC, and have Lynn and her husband Marvin to invite Auntie out for a Birthday dinner, which at that time I would surprise her with my presence.








Well, that sounded like a great plan.....but something better came up.

I did get to surprise my Aunties, and had dinner with my Aunt Faye,



But..............I got to be apart of history.......












I get to sit and tell my grandchildren one day

how I was in the mist of thousands watching the Inauguration of the First African American President.






Although I wasn't on the front row, or even close
enough to get a glimpse of President Obama and the First Lady; I had a memorable experience in DC. Just watching the people around me, the joy on there faces, and the hope of change in their conversations. Everyone seemed a little nicer. People were a little more patient. There was a feeling of unity among thousands.

The Metro was packed tighter then a can of sardines, but I didn't hear any complaints. We all had a common goal, and that was to be apart of history in the making.











.....and when it was all over, after the National Mall was cleared.....I could still feel the excitment of the previous day.











I had a wonderful time. Lynn and her family spoiled me, I almost didn't want to go home. It was nice to go away and not have to do anything but relax and be catered to. I got to go out to nice dinners, sightseeing, hung out with my little buddy Ms. Madison.......and not only did my counsins take me to their church to be fed the Word, they took me out for a wonderful Birthday Lunch. It was just a pleasure to be with family and enjoy each other's company; and I am looking forward to reaching out to all my cousins and fellowshiping with them as well.
Thank you Lynn, Marvin, and especially Madison for keeping my secret. I really enjoyed myself and will be back to get a full tour of DC when it is warmer.

For my next trip, I will keep a mystery. My Aunt Ann was a little upset that she didn't know I was coming, but I have a surprise planned for her too. So, Aunt Ann...the next time I ask you to save me a slice a cake, please be kind and set my piece aside......:o)

No comments: